Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My one Big C

This coffee tastes so good. i have given up caffeine in my diet, but lately i have rediscovered the highs of it. So here i am, back to my "coffee in the silent morning." Even though i miss the mornings in the Philippines: sunrays through the window, sound of birds chirping on the frontyard trees, the neighbor's rooster crowing, sizzling sound of breakfast cooking in the kitchen (by the helper, yes), early morning news on the tv, the neighbor cleaning her yard (you can hear the not so distant sound of walis tingting brushing the ground) and oh the warm, gentle, day breeze...then my dear Coffee seeping through my mouth, taste buds, then the warmly gliding in my throat.. the feeling is still the same here, and now.

I guess my affair with this sinfully bittersweet beverage will never end. It gives me the rush. It inspires me to write. Together with solitude, they empty up my cup, lets me pour laughter and tears for my own relief and joy, and then they fill me up again with more...until i am reminded once again of who really i am. A part of me belongs here: with Coffee, mornings, solitude. I never realized how much i miss this. And after a while, i pick up my guitar, sing, and pray. I fall on my knees, receive mercy and grace.

Mornings like this pave way for worship.

Leaf is awake now.

0 comments: