Wednesday, September 3, 2008

That Bad Tooth

I am going to the dentist today. It took me three weeks enduring this bad tooth until i finally agreed with Tarek to have this extracted. The pain, daily and nightly, was unbelievably too much despite my medication of Augmentin and Ibufrupen, Panadol, and Ponstan - three times a day! I would rather overdose on pain relievers than go to a new dentist (i left my dentist with the gentlest hand in the Philippines :) ) But after the greatest ache of all aches hit me (i was afraid it would infect my brain and kill me, mentally if not physically) - the pain spread to my temples, ears, neck and head- i finally decided to go.
I remember an experience with pain similar to this...i was holding on to it, i didn't know why. I know it's giving me pain, but i didn't like to let go of it. Imagine me crying, nose stuffed with tears (a.k.a. "sip-on") "Ayaw dagi go biya- e baaa!. Ihadag dako dadad ibo gutdo, ayaw dag gu bya-eeeeh...dagid da gaayo ibo ga buhadod da akooo...huhuhuh..." Yucks noh? It was a scene (and sin!) of me sprawled on the floor, clinging, tugging onto a pant walking out of the door. Then i screamed at it, "Badik dagi daaa!!!...badik didi da agooo!!" Pathetic (squirm!) After a few weeks that Pair of Pants would walk back into my life again. Like a bad tooth, the "cavity" served as a "homing device" for infection. No matter how high the dose of antibiotic i would take, sooner or later, the toothache would return. I had to get rid of Mr. Cavity by extracting my very own "bad tooth" - Paradigm Shift. (Terrible) makeover. New (bad) haircut and color....Oh it was sooo bad, the only anaesthesia available was "shopping." Eventually, pain relievers shifted from Blue Ice, to Vodka, to Tequilla - accompanied with the Videoke. Ahhh, its a wonder how pain could lead us to the edge of our sanity. But thank God i'm sober now. There is a time to plant and there is a time to harvest. Mine was a time to uproot.
Now i am waiting for Tarek to pick me up. I am a little nervous. I've always loved and took care of my teeth, except for times that i still want to relish the taste of dessert in my mouth and would take hours before i brush. I know it's going to take a while to get used to having lost one molar. But this is the best thing for me to do, so that the terrible toothache will NEVER come back.
Take out the bad tooth, to take out the chronic toothache. That is the molar...errr, moral of my story.

0 comments: